The New American Dream Foundation Inc. (TNADF), a 501(c)(3) organization, last month raised $15,000 at the Fourth Annual American Dream Awards Gala, hosted by Tribuna Newspaper. The funds have contributed to Mission Health Day – a day of free health screenings and other community services for the uninsured and the income challenged in Danbury.
The event, hosted by Western Connecticut Health Network and Western Connecticut State University, will be held on Saturday, October 28, from 9:00am – 3:00pm, at the Bill Williams Gym at Berkshire Hall on the Western CT State University Downtown Campus.
This special one-day event is designed to connect community members in need (the un/underinsured and those with housing at-risk) with free, essential health screenings and services, social support, winter clothing and personal care items and more. All are welcome. No questions asked.
“We are so pleased that all our efforts have paid off and the money raised with the support of our community at the American Dream Awards will be used to provide flu shots and other services to all who will attend,” said Celia Bacelar Palmares, TNADF president, adding, “We encourage members of the immigrant community who do not have health insurance, regardless of their legal status, to join us on October 28 take advantage of the preventive health services offered.”
FREE services and screenings include:
- General health screenings and time with a medical provider
- General health history and assessment
- Basic point-of-care testing
- Referrals to primary care medical home
- Vaccinations and essential prescriptions
- Cancer screenings and mammography referrals
- Pulmonary (lung function) assessment and screenings
- Podiatry screening
- Vision screening by Danbury Lion’s Club
- Behavioral health and substance abuse screening and referrals
Other event offerings:
- Light breakfast and lunch
- Kid Zone-supervised child play area
- Winter clothing give-away
- Personal care gift bag
For more information, visit www.danburyhospital.org/news.