Ricotta cheese isn’t just for lasagna or other stuffed Italian dishes. It makes the perfect base for dips too! This soft Italian cheese made from whey, acid and heat has a creamy, slightly textured consistency with a very mild flavor. It goes well in both savory and sweet dishes.
If you want a crowd-pleaser for summer get-togethers, make this dip. It blends creamy ricotta with garden fresh herbs and lemon, plus a touch of chipotle mayo for some spiciness. It’s creamy and fresh and only takes five minutes to whip up. Serve it with crudités, chips, crackers or toasted bread slices.
Lemon Dill Ricotta Dip
Makes 8 servings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chipotle mayo
- ¾ cup ricotta
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a medium sized bowl, add the minced garlic clove, chopped chives and dill, lemon juice, chipotle mayo and ricotta. Stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately. Can be refrigerated up to 3 days.
Alicia Ghio is a passionate home cook on a mission to inspire others to know where their food comes from, to know what’s in it and to savor the flavors of fresh, local ingredients. She is the founder and author of the blog Local Food Rocks.