It’s amazing how one ingredient can transform a basic dish into something special. In this case, it’s a jar of Strawberry Jalapeno jam. The jam, along with just a handful of other simple ingredients, creates a sweet and spicy twist on simple roast pork tenderloin. In about 40 minutes, you can have this main course on the table.
Strawberry Jalapeno Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- 2-1/4 lbs. pork tenderloin
- 4 garlic cloves, cut into quarters
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2/3 cup Smuckers Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut small slices into the pork tenderloin and stuff with pieces of garlic.
- Season tenderloin with fresh rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Place the seasoned tenderloin into a roasting pan. Pour 1/4 cup of red wine over the top. Roast in oven 20 minutes, flipping the meat halfway through cooking.
- While the meat cooks, add the other 1/4 cup red wine and jam to a sauce pan. Heat on the stove over medium heat to a light simmer. Reduce by about half.
- After 20 minutes, remove meat from oven. Lightly baste with 1/4 cup of the glaze. Place the meat back into the oven and continue cooking until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove meat from oven and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Slice and drizzle the remaining glaze over the top. Serve immediately.