Minimal prep. Maximum flavor. This vegan curry filled with pantry staples is healthy, hearty and chock full of spices, perfect for eating next to the fireplace on a cold winter evening.
I love a good “set it and forget it” dish. Simmered all day in the crock-pot, the aromatic spices and creamy coconut milk form a sauce that is spoon-worthy all on its own. To soak up the flavorful curry, serve over quinoa or rice. Just don’t let any of it go to waste.
Slow Cooker Chickpea Curry
- 1 onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- two 15-oz. cans chickpeas
- one 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- one 13.5-oz. can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 cups finely chopped kale
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all the ingredients, except the kale, into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Before serving, stir in the chopped kale and let it cook until just wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the curry with quinoa or Basmati rice.