Access Health CT (AHCT) announced on October 1 a series of upcoming community-based educational discussions, known as “Healthy Chats.” A total of 11 events are planned, all to take place prior to Access Health CT open enrollment, which begins November 1 and ends December 15, 2018. The purpose of these discussions is to help Connecticut residents become informed about the best ways to obtain, keep and use health insurance coverage.
“At Access Health CT, our main goal is to reduce the uninsured rate in Connecticut,” said Chief Executive Officer, James Michel. “We do this by helping Connecticut residents understand their options for healthcare coverage and connecting them with plans that meet their unique needs. The Healthy Chat events help us meet people on a community level, enabling them to be more informed as we head into open enrollment.”
Access Health CT Director of Marketing, Andrea Ravitz, elaborated the benefits of community-based discussions. She said, “Connecticut residents have an important decision to make every year about their healthcare coverage. By connecting with people in their communities, we create an opportunity for smaller discussions that make this important insurance decision more approachable.”
Participants are encouraged to register online, ahead of the sessions, but can register upon arrival. Access Health CT has also arranged for a discount with the ride sharing service, Lyft. To reserve a spot for the event and/or obtain the discount code for Lyft transportation, visit learn.accesshealthct.com/locations.
Each Healthy Chat event will take place from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m., with registration and refreshments served at 5:30 p.m. Each event will include guest speakers and time for questions and answers. The dates and locations for each Healthy Chat are as follows:
- Milford, Tuesday, October 2, Milford Hospital, second floor
- New Britain, Wednesday, October 3, Central Connecticut State University (CCSU) Institute of Technology & Business Development, Room 3130000
- Stamford, Thursday, October 4, Government Center cafeteria
- New London, Tuesday, October 9, Opportunities Industrialization Centers (OIC) of New London
- Torrington, Wednesday, October 10, Torrington at the Community Health & Wellness Center (CHWC) of Greater Torrington
- Middletown, Thursday, October 11, Community Health Center (CHC) Inc.
- Willimantic, Tuesday, October 23, Generations Health Center
- Tolland, Wednesday, October 24, Tolland High School cafeteria
- New Haven, Thursday, October 25, Ives Library
- West Hartford, Monday, October 29, Noah Webster Library
- Danbury, Tuesday, October 30, Rogers Park Middle School
About Access Health CT
Access Health CT (AHCT), Connecticut’s official health insurance marketplace established in 2011, supports health reform efforts at the state and national level. Access Health CT provides Connecticut residents with resources for better health, and an enhanced and more coordinated healthcare experience, which results in healthier people, healthier communities and a healthier Connecticut. Access Health CT’s mission is to increase the number of insured residents in Connecticut, promote health, lower costs and eliminate health disparities. Connecticut residents and small business owners can compare and enroll in healthcare coverage and apply for tax credits for individuals through AHCT. Access Health CT (or the Marketplace) also partners with the Department of Social Services for eligibility and enrollment with state Medicaid Insurance and Children’s Health Insurance Programs. For more information, please visit www.AccessHealthCT.com, like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AccessHealthCT and follow us on Twitter @AccessHealthCT.